Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The groundhog sees sprouts

In Pennsylvania the groundhog didn't see any shadow today.  But down in the secret basement plant lab (woohaha) there is lots to see.

After only 4 days the Pinetree kale & copra onions have started to sprout.  No sign of any red wing onion sprouts yet.

Kale sprouts (redbor & fringed mixed)
Copra onion - very first sprout


Lettuce is really coming along - now I nibble
Beet & chard sprouts - also nibbled


This pic is for Ilene.  I sowed maybe 8 seeds from my blue globe thistle plant to make sure the seeds were viable before trading.  As you can see they are A-okay.  

I'm still going to wintersow more thistle seed, but I have no heart to toss this pot.  Heh.  We'll see if I'll need the real estate later on, though. ;-D

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what healthy plants! I love your set up. Mine is really rough, but functional for now. Not sure about a bit down the road, since I'm growing more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha! I love that....the Secret Basement Plant Lab. It sounds like you need a secret plant propagator's hat or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilene - all you really NEED is functional - the rest is all window dressing... ;-D

    Hanni - Igor and I do pretty well down here. And I usually wear a secret plant propagators chef's apron -- lots of pockets. Woooohahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you. :-D

Followers