Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gaining greens


In the previous post I you saw that the beets were binned up and onto the light table.  Here's what the rest of the class is looking like these days:  lettuces, kales, chard and arugula.  I am really enjoying the fresh greens in salads and sandwiches.  I'm WAY ahead of Spring on these guys!

Not to rest on my laurels, here you an see a second wave of lettuce sprouts for later.  (Also in the pic are rosemary, blue globe thistle, white salvia and crazy daisy sprouts.)

The Copra and Red Wing onion sprouts are doing fabbo.  The germinator is sprouting hot and sweet peppers.

The 2nd germinator is filled with perennial seeds while behind it the White sweet Spanish and bunching onions are filling in.

Y'know, with so much ahead of schedule this year.... I may have to get some more lights!

3 comments:

  1. Trying this for the first time! Hoping my seeds sprout, I'm a novice when it comes to growing things from seed so am excited to have found your blog through blotanical =)
    Cheers Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Julia. I hope you enjoy the plant posts and maybe even find something to help you with your seed sprouting. Happy growing! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is looking great. I am impressed by the garden you have in the basement!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you. :-D

Followers