Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 28, 2011

WS - 2011 - 4/28 update

A (1)blue glove thistle
(2)same as 1
B (3)pink double
coneflower
With nightime temps above freezing, there is finally some REAL action in the WS containers.

Wasn't sure how well the thistle would WS.  I'd say GOOD!

All of these will magnify is you click on them.



C (2)Excelsior foxglove
(3) frosty skies delphinium
(6) golden jubilee agastache
D (3) aster 'Sept ruby'
(4) agastache alba
(5) agastache color mix
(6) same as 5
E milkweeds
(3) tuberosa 'gay butterflies'
(6) incarnata 'Cinderella'
Foxglove 'Gloxiniaflora'
I was so afraid that I wasn't going to have any "Frosty Skies" annual delphinium this year that not only did I sow a lot under lights in the basement, but I put a ton of seeds in the WS cell.  Whoa!  I'll have this stuff coming out of my ears this season!





I put all of my milkweeds in one container, expecting similar germination times.  The tuberosa and Cinderella both popped up on 4/25.

In the separate (right) 1/2 gal jug, the foxglove sprouted on 4/11.  Odd that both the Excelsior and the Gloxiniaflora are up, but not the 2 cells of common purpura in container A.  Go figure.


Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

2 comments:

  1. I would call that a very successful WSing. I was never very successful with mine. In fact, I am doing very little flowers this year, most will be direct seeded.

    Your flower beds will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda - in a few weeks there should be many more WS cells sprouted. I'm hoping for more types of agastaches and milkweeds for sure.

    We'll keep our fingers crossed for the beds this year. X

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you. :-D

Followers