Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Green with onions

I used all but 4 of my green onions over the holidays.  The last 4 I plunked into a glass and set them on the kitchen windowsill.  I would cut off the regenerated growth to garnish soups, sandwiches, etc.

But lately they've looked rather anemic.  They'd rooted very well, so it was time to put them into a pot and give them a drink of fish emulsion.



Won't be long before I'm grazing on fresh green onions.

Here again is another example of letting the kitchen re-stock itself with just a little help from me.

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this finally popped up on my monitor.

    Hope it is for the pizza.

    Yours looks very good. I have a pizza cookbook that recommends the longer the dough raises, the better the crust.

    I tried the turkey pepperoni; not a favorite and I accidentally bought it the last time and wondered why my pizza wasn't as flavorful then discovered what I had done.

    I have used the jarred plain spaghetti sauce and just add basil and it tastes very much like my DIY version.

    Congratulations on making your own! I am proud of you. BTW, I like to add a sprinkling of grated parmesan to the crust before spreading the sauce. It gives another depth of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda - no pizza here. Although some of these green onions may show up on one soon...

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you. :-D

Followers