Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Heating up

Sowed my annual seeds as well as some saved/purchased perennials today.

I used 2 whole trays for the 5 packs of Zahara zinnias (only 74 seeds total - they better have a 100% germination rate at those prices!!).

Another whole tray for French dwarf marigolds.  (You gotta love a plant that the deer don't like!)

20 tall cells for some saved seeds of State Fair (super tall/huge blooms) zinnias for back by the golf course.  Also half a tray for Cut-n-come again zins for Mom.  

Then I sowed some saved seeds: Ruby Star coneflower (P) and a little annual I got last year which I loved, but don't know the name - looks like a speckled cross between a large snap dragon and small petunia. Really sweet in the planter boxes.



Then I turned on the rope light in the heat tray and covered them with some plastic. 









Sure seems a paltry bit of sowing.  But as the deer take more and more wind out of my gardening sails, I have reduced my expectations accordingly.

I don't know why I don't just throw in the trowel.  Habit I guess.  

How about you?  Starting those plants yet?

Click here to return to Melissa Majora main page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you. :-D

Followers